Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hello from IOWA

I just purchased a K5 with 18-55mm kit lens. I should have it by the end of the week coming from Buydig.com The last Pentax camera I owned was an SLR Pentax P5. Now this is only a guess here, but I'm thinking things have changed a bit in the 25 years since I last owned a nice Pentax camera

I'll be using the K5 for model railroad photography and general family use. I still have a original SMC Pentax-A 1:2 primary lens I hope to use on the new K5. Actually my last Digital camera was a Canon G7 that I've grown out of, hence the need for a nice DSLR like the K5.

12-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard- you've scored a great bargain I'd say I'm sure you'll enjoy the new camera!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
I just purchased a K5 with 18-55mm kit lens. I should have it by the end of the week coming from Buydig.com The last Pentax camera I owned was an SLR Pentax P5. Now this is only a guess here, but I'm thinking things have changed a bit in the 25 years since I last owned a nice Pentax camera

I'll be using the K5 for model railroad photography and general family use. I still have a original SMC Pentax-A 1:2 primary lens I hope to use on the new K5. Actually my last Digital camera was a Canon G7 that I've grown out of, hence the need for a nice DSLR like the K5.
Congratulations on the new camera. You'll be able to put that Pentax-A lens to good use. You have to change a setting on your K5 to use lenses with aperture rings. There are more specific instructions in the Beginner's section, the A lens is easy since it will work in aperture priority.
12-31-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Congratulations on the new camera. You'll be able to put that Pentax-A lens to good use. You have to change a setting on your K5 to use lenses with aperture rings. There are more specific instructions in the Beginner's section, the A lens is easy since it will work in aperture priority.
Yea, I'm hoping to put the old SMC Pentax-A 50mm 1:2 to good use. I want a fast lens for good close up photography. I know its not exactly the best lens for this but its in great condition and I really want to use it.

12-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
Yea, I'm hoping to put the old SMC Pentax-A 50mm 1:2 to good use. I want a fast lens for good close up photography. I know its not exactly the best lens for this but its in great condition and I really want to use it.
It's under-rated because of two faster 50s in the series. Everybody would be ecstatic to have an f2 lens in any other focal length.