Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #1

Hello from Miami

Hello everyone,

I'm not a Pentax user but I have a vested interest in someone one this forum who is very close and special to me. She's assured me that you folks won't throw rocks on me once you find out that I use Nikons. (ducking)

Hopefully I can learn a thing or two and perhaps contribute to this wonderful forum!

--Ron

12-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonH Quote
Hello everyone,

I'm not a Pentax user but I have a vested interest in someone one this forum who is very close and special to me. She's assured me that you folks won't throw rocks on me once you find out that I use Nikons. (ducking)

Hopefully I can learn a thing or two and perhaps contribute to this wonderful forum!

--Ron
No, we certainly won't throw rocks. There are quite a few non-Pentax, ex-Pentax, and multi-system users here. Welcome aboard!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome.
There is also a dedicated non-Pentax section of the forum discussing other systems.
Hope you enjoy it here.
12-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, we may still tempt you yet from the dark side, well it happened to me many years ago.

12-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it.

Kerrowdown; There are Pentax cameras in the house so I do know how nice they are. And, every so often I get a bit gentle ribbing about something the Pentax can do that my Nikon can't. I'm used to it! LOL

--Ron
01-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonH Quote
Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it.

Kerrowdown; There are Pentax cameras in the house so I do know how nice they are. And, every so often I get a bit gentle ribbing about something the Pentax can do that my Nikon can't. I'm used to it! LOL

--Ron
Welcome Ron. Do the ribbings take the form of "don't take it outside in the rain, it might turn in to a Pentax"? Looking forward to seeing some of your work soon. Cliff
01-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by usn ret Quote
Welcome Ron. Do the ribbings take the form of "don't take it outside in the rain, it might turn in to a Pentax"? Looking forward to seeing some of your work soon. Cliff
Actually, no, that .. uh, feature hasn't come up yet. In fact I had no idea that rain had the ability to turn Nikons into Pentaxes anyway.

And, I probably wouldn't mind as long as I got a Pentax comparable to my D7k and it came with a similar set of lenses. I gave up being a fan boy for ANY brand long ago and that applies to just about product you can name. Manufacturers have huge advertising budgets.... and I've yet to receive a check in the mail for evangelizing on anyone's behalf.

Thanks for the Welcome, Cliff. I appreciate it!

--Ron