Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi

Recently acquired the K-30 and have already had great fun almost 22 years after I had my first Pentax SLR the P30t.

My first impressions are it is an easy camera to use and a little knowledge and understanding from the days of taking negatives always help in taking well balanced photos. The technology might change, but the principles of good photography do not.

What amazes me most is how light the K-30 and its lens is compared with my older bodies and lenses. I know it is thought of as a heavy camera, but we really seem to have forgotten the weightiness and feel of older SLR cameras.

Happy New Year,

Chris

12-31-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, good that you could join us here.
01-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Welcome Chris, Looking forward to seeing some of yourwork. Maybe some scans of you film work from the ancient past. There is no such thing as a bad pic, just some that need more work. post soon. Cliff
01-02-2013, 03:21 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by usn ret Quote
Welcome Chris, Looking forward to seeing some of yourwork. Maybe some scans of you film work from the ancient past. There is no such thing as a bad pic, just some that need more work. post soon. Cliff
Thanks, I'll see what I can do with the old scans. Already have over 250 digital to process ... just trying to find the best approach to render information from the RAW file. At the moment I am tending towards Raw Therapee as it produces the sharpest images - although there is the equivalent of a lot of graining on high ISO images.