Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2012, 06:54 PM   #1

Hello from Vancouver Island BC

Hello from Vancouver Island BC

I am a long time lurker of this site so thought it was about time to post an intro and my own experience with Pentax.

As a Graphic Designer I love both the artistic side and the technical side of photography. A Salesperson convinced me to begin my journey with Pentax in a K-r and lenses in way of an 18-55mm, 55-300mm and sigma 70-300mm macro. I fell in love with the little Pentax for its ergonomics, great image quality and advanced features for its price point.

With some of my work I later decided to invest in some Pentax glass upgrading my kit lenses over time. The three lenses I now use for work and fun are a DA*16-50mm, DA*200mm and DA 70mm limited. I cannot express how much I enjoy these lenses and would put them against any high end glass.

Recently I received a generous gift in the form a slick Pentax K-30, and so far love it even more than my wonderful little K-r. Among its many upgrades I am very much enjoying its weather sealing with my two weather sealed star lenses. Living in a temperate rain forest climate I see more rain than not, and now it no longer holds me back from enjoying my camera.

I look forward to reading more from this site. And Happy New Year to everyone!

Steve

12-31-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Steve, happy that you decided to join us.
12-31-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Steve.....from a fellow Steve on the Island!
01-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome Steve, looking forward to your photo postings.......Cliff

Last edited by usn ret; 01-01-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: to remove quote
01-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Steve

I'm new here, too, and on the west wet coast as well on the mainland. I'm going to be getting a K30 myself soon...just letting the savings account recover from Christmas!
« Hello | Kr Help »