Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #1

Hello and thanks for such an informative forum.

I've been reading this site periodically for past two years after renewing interest in photography. Had Pentax ME back in the 80's BC (before children) but had too little money or time to develop abilities or film. Empty nester now so have more of both and digital has progressed to the point I wanted in. Started out with a NEX 5 couple of years back so I was able to make use of my 2 Pentax lenses. 50mm 1.8 and 200 mm with an adapter. Loved the small foot print and weight. Easy to carry around when traveling.
But I wanted to get more creative and had my eye on buying a DSLR. Didn't want to carry around a brick however and Pentax offered cameras and lenses that were more compact. Also read this blog as well as others but the enthusiasm and passion of the Pentaxians here was a big part in convincing me to go with a Pentax camera system.
I decided to purchase a K5 in November. Xmas lens pricing helped me add a 15mm Ltd and 55* 1.4 lens to my other Pentax lenses. Already suffering from Limited Acquisition Syndrome as I have my eye on others in the near future. I will make sure I link through this site on all future purchases. BH rocks. So you can see I've jumped in with both feet and plan on looking for tips and pointers from this site from here on out. Thanks for this informative forum.

Now if the temps here in Minnesota will only climb above zero so I can get outside.

12-31-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, been over a week of very high 30's here! In other words..............................................Bloody hot!
12-31-2012, 10:48 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and good to have you here.
Enjoy the forum as well as your new gear.