Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #1

Long time Pentaxian from Minnesota

First Pentax product was a 1:1 Macro-Takumar 50mm f4 preset lens that I bought (for my Mamiya 500 DTL) in the late 60s / early 70s because of a glowing review in one of the photo mags (the review was accurate). It's now residing mostly on my Q as a very sharp equivalent 275mm f4 macro telephoto. First Pentax bodies were a pair of KX s (film version). One of the reasons I've stayed with Pentax is that they've stayed with me. All of the lenses I've bought (including 42mm mount) work as well as or better than they did on the bodies they were designed for. In the end I have a lot of great glass that works perfectly on every Pentax I've had over the years: ist DS, K100, K20D and now a couple K-01s. BTW, while I groaned when the K-01 was introduced without a viewfinder, after using one I can say that it's the best camera I've ever owned. Don't really miss the viewfinder. Full time liveview with the excellent LCD works pretty well at least for my use. My latest project has been resurrecting a 55-300mm DAL lens with a broken plastic mount (purchased from someone who tried to mount it on his Canon). Switched it to a metal mount, the repair was much easier than I envisioned due to Pentax using a metal mount ring in common on a LOT of different lenses. Already posted a more detailed description of the repair on the 55-300mm repair thread.

Anyway, hello everyone & HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Ed

01-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Happy New Year and welcome to the Forums Ed
01-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the asylum....
01-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by EArenz Quote
First Pentax product was a 1:1 Macro-Takumar 50mm f4 preset lens that I bought (for my Mamiya 500 DTL) in the late 60s / early 70s because of a glowing review in one of the photo mags (the review was accurate). It's now residing mostly on my Q as a very sharp equivalent 275mm f4 macro telephoto. First Pentax bodies were a pair of KX s (film version). One of the reasons I've stayed with Pentax is that they've stayed with me. All of the lenses I've bought (including 42mm mount) work as well as or better than they did on the bodies they were designed for. In the end I have a lot of great glass that works perfectly on every Pentax I've had over the years: ist DS, K100, K20D and now a couple K-01s. BTW, while I groaned when the K-01 was introduced without a viewfinder, after using one I can say that it's the best camera I've ever owned. Don't really miss the viewfinder. Full time liveview with the excellent LCD works pretty well at least for my use. My latest project has been resurrecting a 55-300mm DAL lens with a broken plastic mount (purchased from someone who tried to mount it on his Canon). Switched it to a metal mount, the repair was much easier than I envisioned due to Pentax using a metal mount ring in common on a LOT of different lenses. Already posted a more detailed description of the repair on the 55-300mm repair thread.

Ed
Go Vikings!

01-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EArenz Quote

Ed
Happy new year Ed! I am looking forward to learning about old Pentax lenses from a veteran Pentaxian like you. One of the main reasons I was drawn to swap out my Canon for a Pentax was the lure of cool vintage glass