Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Just wanted to introduce myself

Hi There,
Just wanted to introduce myself and say Happy New Year! Photography has been a love of mine for many years, I remember my parents giving me a Kodak disc camera (anyone remember those?) when I was a kid and loving it, then saving every penny I had from working and buying a Canon AE-1. In my 20's I went to the Art Institute of Houston for photography, but unfortunately I went into the lab end of the business at that time. Last year I was hired as a second photographer to do weddings. I am very eager to learn, being that this is my first official job as a photographer. So if anyone has any pointers for wedding photography or portrait photography I would appreciate it. I currently own a Pentax K-5 and I am still trying to learn all the bells and whistles. I ordered a K-7 magic lantern guide because I couldn't find a book or DVD on the K-5. I read that they are similar so I hope it helps me learn. I realize as with everything else in life it just takes practice and more practice. I live in beautiful northern Michigan with my two girls, 2 horses, 1 dog, and 5 cats..oh and yes my husband. A few samples below of my work. I take a lot of pictures of my girls thank goodness they are patient with me!

Attached Images

01-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
CSB

Photos: Gallery
Hi ocqueoc,

I'm also a brand new member, and I Wanted to comment on your pictures, which are very nice! I also have patient daughters that put up with my hobby . My sons are less willing to sit still...

Cheers,

Chris
01-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you Chris I appreciate your kind words!