Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #1

A new member in Florida

Happy New Year! Just starting out in this forum and am looking forward to sharing and exchanging information. I've been a fan of Pentax for many years. I still have my trusty K1000 I received for a high school graduation present in the early 80s. Along the way, I invested in a Vivitar 2800D, SMC Pentax-A 35-70 and 70-210 zoom lenses and a 2X Vivitar Teleconverter. The K1000 has traveled the world with me and still takes fantastic pictures. In December 2011, I purchased my K-5 and have been having a blast with it! Recently I've become interested in getting the flash off the camera and have been delving into strobist lighting. I now have a pair of Cactus V5s and while using my old Vivitar flash, realized I need some more flexibility in power, so I just ordered one of the Yongnuo 560ii's. The best part of all of this has been the ability to use my trusty zoom lenses from the past on my new Pentax. I am still a fan of the "manual" mode and the basics I learned using the match needle and depth of field teachings from way back when. Glad to be part of the Pentaxians.

01-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard, and happy new year to you too!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums and Happy New Year