Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2008, 07:30 AM   #1

Greetings from Down Under - Sydney

Just saying hello as I got my K10d this morning. I bought the body only on impulse so have no lens to use at the moment.

My regular camera is a Panasonic L1... being such an impulsive person, I now find myself with two systems and will need to decide which one to keep. Wish I could afford to keep both but cant justify it for a hobby

02-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
Inactive Account

K10D definately. Exchange the other for lenses.
02-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wyzard Quote
Just saying hello as I got my K10d this morning. I bought the body only on impulse so have no lens to use at the moment.

My regular camera is a Panasonic L1... being such an impulsive person, I now find myself with two systems and will need to decide which one to keep. Wish I could afford to keep both but cant justify it for a hobby
Welcome Wyzard - more Aussies joing everyday - great to see. I agree with OhSnapped - keep the Pentax - nothing against the Panasonic mind - just that the K10 is awesome, which you will find out when you get some good glass to go with it. I'm sure you know, its all about the glass, buy cheap stuff andf you will be dissappointed - take it from someone who didn't listen to good advice!!

Good luck with your K10 and hope to see some shots one day.
03-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Outlaw Quote
Welcome Wyzard - more Aussies joing everyday - great to see. I agree with OhSnapped - keep the Pentax - nothing against the Panasonic mind - just that the K10 is awesome, which you will find out when you get some good glass to go with it. I'm sure you know, its all about the glass, buy cheap stuff andf you will be dissappointed - take it from someone who didn't listen to good advice!!

Good luck with your K10 and hope to see some shots one day.
Thanks fellas. What would you consider good glass? I bought the Pentax 18-250 and not liking it at all. I realise a lens with that much range would not give great IQ but it is much worse than I thought.

I've been meaning to sell the L1 but just can't bear to part with it.

03-06-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Sydney!

Australia's ninth state/territory!

*runs*
03-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

welcome to the forums ... and hope you enjoy the K10D.
when it comes to good glass ... dont buy new in Australia ... as you will get stung hard.

I suggest visit B&H Photo Video in the US for well priced lenses.

When it comes to lenses ... I guess it comes down to what you want to shoot ... and how deep your pockets are: