Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
Forum Member

Hello from Gresham, Oregon!

I'm a newbie to DSLR, having bought my first last year, a K-r with the DAL 18-55mm F 3.5-5.6 kit lens. I have since acquired the SMC DAL 55-300 F4-5.8 ED (which I like a lot), the SMC DA 35mm F2.4 AL (which is fantastically sharp), and the SMC DA 16-45mm F4.0 ED AL (which I am a bit disappointed in when compared to the kit 18-55, so far). I have used the older P&S cameras, with built in zooms, such as the Olympus C-700 and the Panasonic ZS-1.

Living in the North West US, there are many spectacular sights and most I have not found the time to exploit for photos, but I do have regular access to panoramas of Mt. Hood and the Columbia Gorge. I actually prefer candid shots of people caught unawares to posed shots and love landscape shots with good contrasts. Not a fan of HDR usually, but then again, I've a lot to learn. I post what I consider my best stuff on Viewbug.com under the moniker PKnot. I have done a lot of shopping for accessories and lenses, using the input I found here to help make a lot of my decisions.

I appreciate all the detailed reviews and advice and look forward to contributing as well as learning in the future.

01-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great to have you aboard! Remember, nobody (and I mean nobody, not even Adam...) is born knowing anything about this stuff. We're all here to learn and share!
01-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you, Julie!

I see you are also a K-r user.
01-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Indeed, yes. Great camera, I'm learning more about it every time I use it.