Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2013, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

Hello From The Great Pacic Northwet

Hi.

The forum won't stop bugging me to post an introductory note, so, well, um, here goes.

Hi. Oh, guess I already said that, huh? So my man, Racer X 69 goes on endlessly about this place, and is always showing me all the great pictures that many of you share here. And there is the funny and interesting stuff that gets posted too. Makes me laugh.

He really likes this place.

Me?

I don't usually spend so much time on computers, let alone internet forums. I leave that to Racer. He has been to the end of the Internet and back at least a dozen times. Me? I have more important things to do like housework, and talking on the phone with my friends and family.

Racer gave me the Optio for Christmas a couple years ago so I could take pictures at family gatherings and on trips. Since I'm not really into all the technical type of things I guess he figured a simple point~n~shoot would do. And it does. I mean, I would still be using my old Agfa Solina Pronto I've had since the beginning of time, but film seems to be vanishing, along with the friendly neighborhood drop off processing places at the pharmacies and grocery stores.

For those of you who are wondering, this is what the Agfa looks like:

{image shamelessly stolen from the internet}

Well, so there you have it. That's me. I'm going to go now. Time for work.

Bye.

Last edited by Brand X; 02-17-2013 at 08:15 AM.
01-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum! Now that you're here you can check what Racer's buying, at least! So glad my partner never looks on here...
01-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard!
01-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! Good that the both of you are into photography...

01-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Brand X Quote
Hi.
Well look at you! See? There are other things to do with your laptop besides playing Mahjong and reading the news.

Well, so there you have it. That's me. I'm going to go now. Time for work.
Work is for people who don't know how to fish.

Bye.
Bye.
02-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
Now that you're here you can check what Racer's buying, at least!
Since he is usually 3,000 miles away when the packages arrive, I see the things long before he does. And it is just fine. Better for him to spend his money that way than in some bar or on ladies of the night, right?

The thing is, he already has just about everything he needs or wants. That makes Christmas shopping hard for me, but if I press him he will come up with something that might make a nice addition to his camera bag.

He just got home yesterday and had a couple memory cards full of pictures to share with me.