Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #1

Hi! I'm Jack

Hello

I got this message saying I haven't introduced myself. Well I go by Jack, though my name is actually John. I'm also know as theprofisherman on Pogo but other than that I really haven't used any other handle. In the Navy some of the mates called me JingleBells because they thought that is what my name sounded like. Don't ask me why! I've been called a few other names throughout my years, some I won't mention, but you probably have some ideas! In my bio I said I spent 31 plus years with the telephone company, which was at the time Mountain Bell. This was mostly spent in Billings Montana, with a few of my later years at the State headquarters in Helena. I also spent 35+ years in the Navy which the brunt of it in the reserves. I retired from the telephone company in 1983 and got my final papers from the Navy in 1986! Go figure! I have had many hobbies, ie Photography, Knitting, Leather Tooling, Stained Glass, Singing, and many others. I still do the photo and stained glass, and once in a while I even make a few jewelry pieces. My main media in Jewelry is Sterling Silver, with a bit of gold added in, and some Lapidary work. I guess you could call me a Jack of all Hobbies, and a Master of Some! My wife and I have been together for over 40 years, and we both came from previous marriages. I guess I have worn a wedding band on my left hand for almost 60 years, but whose counting. For the record I am almost 82 years young, my wife is much older, a whopping 67, oops I guess thats backwards isn't it! I seldom go anywhere without my camera, at least one, and sometimes three. My wife just sat back and watched, at least until she bought her own camera. At one time in my life I learned develpeing and printing film, and even owned a Kodak that printed its own pictures. Since going digital I print all of my photos, have scanned hundreds of others from my mother and friends, Okay, now that I've bored you all to death I guess its time to say good bye and happy shooting! Oh I'm sorry, I guess I had better show you one of my Bee Photos!

Attached Images

01-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums and "bonjour" from France !
01-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard
01-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks to you all! I'm still trying to figure out how this works. Just for the record my handle happens to be the name of the boat I used to fish from. It is called "The Profisherman", and is currently located at my sons home in Wisconsin. After I get his forum thing learned I will attempt to post some of my photos. Haveing 4 cameras at my disposal I have a lot to choose from and will try only to post those taken with my Pentax Kx!