Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Forum Member

Hi from snowy Vermont!

Hello, I'm Ben and I decided to get into Pentax equipment. I am planning to buy a K-5 (or K-5 II), and have just come by two Pentax film SLRs and some manual-focus lenses. I'm having fun shooting film whilst I save for the digital SLR!

01-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Ben and Welcome to the Forums. I am glad you are enjoying the film cameras. I still shoot film about half the time
01-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks, Patrick. I haven't shot film in probably 15 years. It's fun, and it's really making me think more about the relationship between aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Also, this is the first time I've ever had more than one lens for a camera, and my first telephoto lenses. Really looking forward to the new learning curve!
01-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by bendkmace Quote
Thanks, Patrick. I haven't shot film in probably 15 years. It's fun, and it's really making me think more about the relationship between aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Also, this is the first time I've ever had more than one lens for a camera, and my first telephoto lenses. Really looking forward to the new learning curve!
Welcome, Ben. Nice to see another Vermonter. Pentax in Vt is a bit sparse. I've had good experiences with Lezot in Burlington and Vt camera works in Pittsford for used EQ in good shape at good prices. The forums here are a good place to shop, too. I've bought several things from members over the years. I like older manual lenses myself.

01-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Pentax VT

Hey Chuck,

Good to meet a local on here. I'm not a native Vermonter - I'm a foreign transplant! I moved here from the UK a little over ten years ago. I like LeZot, but haven't visited since I made the decision to go with Pentax (due to great reviews of the K-5). Was thinking of walking over today because I need some caps for my 'new' lenses.

Interested to see that you have Vivitar flashes and Cowboystudio triggers - both of these are on my wishlist. I just picked up an old Sunpak flash (344D) with a sketchy battery door connection, and am trying to figure it out.

If you ever feel like going on a photo walk or trip and want to meet up, let me know. I'm always interested in meeting fellow photographers. I'm based in Burlington.

Thanks,

Ben
01-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #6

Ben, Jim at Vt Camera works had some used Vivitars and Sunpaks last time I was there. They have a website, too. I haven't used my cowboy stuff lately but I liked it when I got it. Shoot mostly wildlife/landscape these days. I'll email you.

Last edited by whitedog; 01-13-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: wording