Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #1

Hello from a long-time Pentax user

I have enjoyed photography for years. My grandfather taught me to take pictures with a box camera when I was 5. When I was older, he let me use his Leica IIIf in order to learn 35mm photography. I used this camera in high school photo class, until I bought my own. It was a Pentax Spotmatic IIa. Unfortunately, the camera was stolen my freshman year in college. I replaced it with a Spotmatic F (which I still have today). I used it as I became more involved with photography, including photojournalism for the school paper and yearbook. I moved up to yearbook editor. Over the years is a big part of my life. I have passed this along to my sons. One helped me build a darkroom and has the Leica IIIf. He also has a Pentax Z-M film camera. Another son uses the Pentax K-x I got him for Christmas. He also has Pentax film cameras and used them for 10 years doing photography in 4-H. I have also taught many others the joys of photography. Now I also have a Pentax K10D and a Pentax K-30.

Steve Bensing

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
01-14-2013, 05:23 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi,

Welcome to the forums, just ordered a K-30, can't wait until it arrives. It is my first foray into DSLR, have used a Z20 35mm SLR up till now, but have finally broken down and entered the realms of DSLR.

B
01-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi there Steve

Just ordered a K-30 as well -- and am also a long-time Pentax film user since I bought a K1000 new in the mid 70's, only now taking the plunge into Digital.

Lots of stuff here in the forum for the newbie and also the experienced photographer. Always something new to learn!

Welcome
01-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
Forum Member

Hello and welcome, Steve. I am also a former K1000 user and made the switch to digital with an istDL about 6 years ago. Then I upgraded to a K-x a couple years ago. Recently bought another K-x as a back-up. Haven't tried a K-30 but hear they are quite nice.