Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Howdy from Austin, Tx...

Greetings, signed up because I just ordered the K-30 w/18-135 lens kit from B&H. Should be here in two days.

Got my first Pentax (the venerable K-1000) back in the 70s while in college. Only SLR I ever owned or wanted. Loved the absolutely elegant simplicity of that camera. Just focus, put the needle in the middle and shoot. Absolutely love and miss that.

Decided to buy the K-30 because I'm embarking on two projects: 1) I am going to photograph and archive the 43-year lifetime of artwork that my sweetheart left the world when she passed on this last July, six months ago today. I figure the only digital SLR worth doing that with would be a new Pentax. and 2) When I'm done with this project, I am going on a month-long road trip to visit friends up and down the West Coast, from Southern Cali all the way up to Oregon, and then work my way back home to Texas down through the glorious Rockies.

Again, figured the best camera for me to capture all this with will be the K-30.

Looking forward to reading what's here to learn some things, as I know that I am gonna be pretty lost with all this electronic-gee-gaw business on the digital camera. Sure wish they made a "digital" K-1000...focus, put the needle in the middle and go!

At any rate, thanks for bein' here for us "old fart" digital newbies.

01-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

G'day and welcome here.
Good going with the K30 - it's a fine little camera.
Enjoy it as well as this forum.
01-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks, Ash. Can't wait to get it! I'm sure I'll be buggin' y'all and posting with my head-scratcher questions soon enough.