Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #1

Hello People !!

Hello guys !!

I'm Marc Ayden from Singapore !! 22 years old this year !! And i must first emphasis that it is a great honour to be amongst the few to be using such a prestigious brand of camera with the rest of you people.

My interest in photography sprung up in a recent epiphany while looking through a few old film developed photos when i was younger. It made me had a flashback of the times i had used my dad's old Asahi Pentax Spotmatic SPII film single lens reflex camera during weddings and certain family events. I realize that the camera has been lying within a old dry box that has turned musty over the years, leading to fungus invasion in the lens and body. Whatsmore, the camera has the same problem in which many other spotmatics face, the mirror lock syndrome due to a worn out spring rotating a gear.

So moving on from there, i recently got myself a Pentax K5II as a stepping stone to achieve my passion in photography and eventually photojournalism.

Currently, i'm pursuing a diploma in freelance journalism and a double majors program at Murdoch University in psychology, communications and media studies and marketing. I am also interested in signing up for some photography courses as well, what do you guys think ?

I recently got to witness the new Pentax MX-1 creeping up in webpages from the coverage at CES2013 and i must say that it is beautiful, i would be getting one when it hits the shelves !! However i heard that it's gonna be a pricey usd 400 plus !!

Anyways if you guys would have anything for me at all just send me a message or continue this thread kay !!

once again, it is great to be in the company of people with the same passion for photography as i am !! Hope fully i will get to know some of you people and maybe go for photo expeditions together !!

01-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums Marc. That was a pretty large step from a spotmatic to a K-5II
02-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by marc_ayden Quote
Hello guys !!

I'm Marc Ayden from Singapore !! 22 years old this year !! And i must first emphasis that it is a great honour to be amongst the few to be using such a prestigious brand of camera with the rest of you people.

My interest in photography sprung up in a recent epiphany while looking through a few old film developed photos when i was younger. It made me had a flashback of the times i had used my dad's old Asahi Pentax Spotmatic SPII film single lens reflex camera during weddings and certain family events. I realize that the camera has been lying within a old dry box that has turned musty over the years, leading to fungus invasion in the lens and body. Whatsmore, the camera has the same problem in which many other spotmatics face, the mirror lock syndrome due to a worn out spring rotating a gear.

So moving on from there, i recently got myself a Pentax K5II as a stepping stone to achieve my passion in photography and eventually photojournalism.

Currently, i'm pursuing a diploma in freelance journalism and a double majors program at Murdoch University in psychology, communications and media studies and marketing. I am also interested in signing up for some photography courses as well, what do you guys think ?

I recently got to witness the new Pentax MX-1 creeping up in webpages from the coverage at CES2013 and i must say that it is beautiful, i would be getting one when it hits the shelves !! However i heard that it's gonna be a pricey usd 400 plus !!

Anyways if you guys would have anything for me at all just send me a message or continue this thread kay !!

once again, it is great to be in the company of people with the same passion for photography as i am !! Hope fully i will get to know some of you people and maybe go for photo expeditions together !!
Hi Marc, would you be interested in a photo walk for World Pentax Day here in Singapore -- 24th February, let me know?