Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #1

Just to say Hi

Hi I am not new to this forum but posting the first time.

I have been using Pentax for close to 20 years now.

1) My first ever Pentax is the K1000. I use it to take passport photos for people in a one hour photoshop with a 50mm lens.
2) My second one is a Pentax 67 with 105mm lens bought used. amazing camera. Key issue is the metering prism that if you put it not in the right order, you can easily break the chain inside. Camera and lens wise, its awesome and might be the best landscape camera one can buy.
3) My third Pentax is a Pentax MEsuper. Again an awesome SLR with a small body. I bought a Pentax 35mm A 2.8 to go with it. Later on I paired it with a 50mm lens.
4) Third is Pentax MX- I bought the body just so I have a Pentax that doesn't rely on battery.
5) Latest one is a Pentax K7 that I bought used about 3 years ago. Not great on high ISO but seldom shoot high iso pic beyond 400 during film days anyway.

All in all, I am satisfied with the Pentax brand name. If cameras were cars then Nikon will be BMW, the ultimate driving machine. Pentax will be the Volvo and Subaru. They are cheaper and may not be as luxury but every piece as useful and fun. In fact they have way more character...

01-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums and bonjour from France
01-19-2013, 06:39 AM   #3

Original Poster
bonjour

bonjour Jean.