Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Penguin photos

I have a fair few - but having been limited to a point-and-shoot so far, I'm less thrilled with my collection than I could have been. Hoping to remedy it (either in the remaining five weeks or so that I have here this season, or possibly/probably next season!)

01-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeroniMoe Quote
I have a fair few - but having been limited to a point-and-shoot so far, I'm less thrilled with my collection than I could have been. Hoping to remedy it (either in the remaining five weeks or so that I have here this season, or possibly/probably next season!)
Welcome! I was at McMurdo Station back in Feb. 2009. We came in by helicopter from an Aurora Expeditions ship, for a day visit/tour. (See picture)

Check out the nearby “Dry Valleys” if you can, they were amazing!

Keep warm,

Phil
01-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Welcome! I was at McMurdo Station back in Feb. 2009. We came in by helicopter from an Aurora Expeditions ship, for a day visit/tour. (See picture)

Check out the nearby “Dry Valleys” if you can, they were amazing!

Keep warm,

Phil
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Welcome! I was at McMurdo Station back in Feb. 2009. We came in by helicopter from an Aurora Expeditions ship, for a day visit/tour. (See picture) Check out the nearby “Dry Valleys” if you can, they were amazing!
I was here in Feb '09, but I wasn't one of the tour-guides for the boat-groups. I did make it out to the Dry Valleys the following season - pretty spectacular!
01-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeroniMoe Quote
Brand-new to the (D)SLR world - been muddling through with point-and-shoot units until now.

My most recent/current is a Pentax - an Optio W90 ('cause I'm rough on my toys and I end up in places that make it even rougher).

Just purchased a K-5 II with the 18-135 "kit" lens. It hasn't arrived here yet - due to crappy weather conditions, we've had limited cargo flights and mail just isn't a high priority when we're struggling to get food and other needed supplies. (I'm at McMurdo Station, Antarctica)

I've managed to get some pretty decent images from my point-and-shoots, but I've always wondered how much better they could be with a "good" camera and some decent post-processing (ie Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 4 - just itching to have some RAW/DNG shots to work with!)

- Scott

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The K-5 will serve you well. Are you wintering over?

(I'm an OAE, wintered over at Siple Station, Antarctica, 1979-80. The station was abandoned around 1986 or 87)

01-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leadfoot Quote
The K-5 will serve you well. Are you wintering over?

(I'm an OAE, wintered over at Siple Station, Antarctica, 1979-80. The station was abandoned around 1986 or 87)
Nope - not wintering this season... but I am planning to be back at WinFly in August!