Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #1

Hello from the Netherlands

Hi Pentax world!
I am a member on this forum for some time (although not very active) so I thought it's about time to introduce myself.
My age is 53, and I started my photography hobby as a teenager using the Olympus Trip 35 from my parents. Later on I owned two SLR sets, first a Canon T70, and a Sigma SA-300, both with a standard- and telezoom. I still own the Sigma set. Then the digital technology came up, and I bought a small 2.1Mp Sony DSC-P30. Not much possibilities, but very practical. From that time on, my Sigma SLR stayed in the bag more and more, sadly... As the DSC-P30 was a kind of minimal point-and-shoot camera, I bought a Sony Powershot S1 IS, which was a nice upgrade. I had a lot of fun with it.
But my wish was to get a new DSLR sometime. During 2010 I started to explore the DSLR market, and based upon the numerous positive reviews of the Pentax K-x, I bought one in januari 2011. The price went down because the K-r was coming. It was offered together with a nice Sigma 18-50 zoom. I also bought the Tamron 70-300 with it, great value for money! The K-x was going to be a revival of my hobby, and I love that camera!
Later that year I expanded my gear with the great Sigma 8-16 and a Metz MB 44 external flash. During some weekend trips I developed the need for a "superzoom", that would be the ideal travel companion. So december last year I bought the new Sigma 18-250 macro.
And last but not least... In january I got a great opportunity to get a K-5. Although I was still satisfied with my K-x, I took that opportunity and sold the K-x.
I think Pentax makes great "little" camera's which offer very much value for money for the enthausiast photographer, and I hope Ricoh will let them go on this way.
I have already learned a lot on this forum and keep viewing it a few times a week. So, see you all soon

Greetings,
Peter

01-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Peter for the interesting introduction.