Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hi, my name is Spectomaniac. Please tell me about yourself and we can be pals!

I am brand new to the world of DSLR photography. I ordered my K-30 and it should be here in 3-5 business days as long as the UPS guy is on his game. I cannot wait to start learning to understand the technical aspects of photography. I am a biologist that plans on shooting as much nature as possible. I like flora, fauna, and I am a self proclaimed waterfall hunter. I also love to be in big cities, so photographing urban landscape will also be on my to do list.
I have tons of questions and I hope that some of you veterans will help me out!

Enough about me....Who are you? What do you like to photograph? What camera do you use?What is your favorite lens and why? What is one thing you wish somebody told you about about photography when you first started? How long have u been shooting? Can you give me an entry level photography mission?

Ok....anything else you want to say is cool too.

Lastly, I like to have fun and talk to people, so don't be shy, say hello!
Peace,
Specto

01-22-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Specto, happy that you were able to join us. My sig shows the camera and lenses I use which is mainly Macro although I'm branching out.
01-22-2013, 01:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Specto or is it Specta?
Where are you posting from?
Do you do closeup photos of nature or more landscape ?
Which lens are you getting for your k-30?

As for me I shoot with the k-5 and Q and own a variety of lenses.
You can see some of my photos in the Flickr links in my signature.

Welcome!
01-22-2013, 03:02 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Welcome to the forum Specto, happy that you were able to join us. My sig shows the camera and lenses I use which is mainly Macro although I'm branching out.
Hi Eaglem! Nice to meet ya. I look forward to browsing your pictures.

01-22-2013, 03:13 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
@Crew: It is Specta! Even though I kind of like the way specto sounds better... hehe.

As of now I don't know what will do, but I see myself venturing into nature taking landscape, and if I see something small and interesting...shooting that as well.
The lens is the basic 18-55mm lens pack.
I dig your bug pictures!
01-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You'll enjoy the new camera, and learning how to use it. You can see my info below.
Mostly I like to get outside and see what I can see.

Last edited by TER-OR; 01-22-2013 at 06:37 AM.