Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sara from Sedalia

Hello!

(Sedalia is Sedalia, MO. Home of the Missouri State Fair!)

My name is Sara and I linked to this forum from Flickr. I have been participating in the Project 365 over there.

I don't feel quite right being on a Pentax forum just yet, since, at the moment, I'm not using a Pentax camera. I have a Pentax ZX-L 35mm (Promaster 28-105 AF lens) that I used to use CONSTANTLY from 2002 to 2007, then I went digital and have owned Fujifilms exclusively. Since delving into the Flickr community and participating in this photo-a-day project, I have decided to get a little more serious about my hobby, so I'm saving up for a Pentax K-5 II.

I have recently revived my ZX-L and was delighted to find that YES, in fact, stores still do sell film! I bought a 4-pack this evening. Loading that film in the back of my old-friend-camera was very nostalgic and exciting! However, without the luxury of previewing my images, I am going to be very cautious and careful with all of my 35mm captures.

I'm not sure exactly what the Pentax Forums have to offer, but I look forward to poking around.

See ya!

01-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums. It is a wonderful place to poke your head around.
01-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Well, hello, Sara from Sedalia! Please do poke around. I lurked here for quite a while before joining. There is a lot of good information and I find the forum community to be quite helpful and friendly.

I am very familiar with Sedalia as I grew up in central Mo. and went to the fair a number of times. My parents live in Jeff. City and my wife's parents are in KC. We go through Sedalia a number of times each year (and almost always stop there, too!) on the annual trip from Houston to Mo.

Hope you enjoy the site!
01-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome. Hang out here for a while and you'll be ahead of the game when you get the K-5 II.

01-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to have you here Sara. The forum is a great resource for all things Pentax, but also in general on photography.
You will enjoy shooting with the K-5 II.
Welcome.