Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2008, 02:24 AM   #1

Old and new

Hi-

I'm a long-time Pentax owner, with an ME Super and a Super Program, but I'm awaiting my newly purchased K100D super, and I'm hoping I can get the recently posted 18-85 kit lens. I've also bought an 80-200 A on Ebay.

I got interested in photography again because of a date with a woman who wanted help taking pictures with her point and shoot. We've been doing photowalks, and I couldn't stand not having a digital camera to take my own pictures. This forum has already been a tremendous help.

02-22-2008, 08:22 AM   #2

Hi bobdmac and welcome to the board

There is nothing like a woman in need of help to get us back into photography although with your new Pentax your woman might get jealous as you will now be spending more time with the camera ...lol

cheers
Keith
02-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, Keith. My biggest concern is the effect of dating + photo gear on my wallet. It's looking like a very slippery slope.
02-22-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I knew this was a secret dating club!! Man you are going to be sooooo broke, Flowers, lenses, dinner, more lenses, shoe shopping , even more lenses.....

Looking forward to some of your shots.

02-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #5

Original Poster
You're right, Peter. My economic future looks bleak. But I'm wondering which is worse, spending the money on the lenses or spending countless hours tracking down every single @#&$** review and piece of feedback on the lenses that interest me.
02-22-2008, 08:32 PM   #6
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That was a joke Bob!! As for the lens hunt (check your PM's) there is lots of info from the members here but the concencus generally revolves around a handful of lenses. A number of us have been lucky enough to either own or test some of the best glass we have available.
02-22-2008, 09:10 PM   #7

Original Poster
I totally got it, Peter--just indulging in a little hyperbole (I hope).
02-23-2008, 06:41 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you should decide to marry her eventually, there's always the engagement lens--if she wants something fairly small, then the 31 would be nice and if she won't settle for anything less than extra-large, than the Bigma would do.

See my sig--if my husband wants to spend that type of money, I'd rather have another lens than a piece of jewelry that would most likely sit around in my jewelry box along with the other jewelry that rarely gets worn. Our 10th anniversary is coming up in a couple of years--perhaps I can convince him that I need a fast telephoto more than I need an anniversary ring.

For the record, I do wear jewelry, but it's pieces that I wear all the time--my wedding and engagement rings, a thin gold chain with a crucifix on it, and a pair of simple gold hoop earrings.

Heather

02-23-2008, 09:24 AM   #9

Original Poster
Heather-

I like the way you think.