Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #1

Greetings

I am the proud new owner of an old film Pentax MV1 I found in a charity store yesterday in great condition with all lenses i could want. But, I had a couple of issues I could use some help on.
(1) I know dont say it...I broke the winder straight away
(2) Whilst I could find great advice on the manual I could find no additional help on how to use the telephoto with macro setting lenses. Nor how the dof marker works nor additionally the infrared marker.
It states to focus, check the camera to subject distance and line up with the orange mark on the dof disc. It already was taking an ordinary photo at f5.6 with 400asa film. Does this mean i shot an infrared photo? Should I change the dof marker, if so when? Please forgive the ignorance. it seems my dslr's have spoiled me rotten but I would like to learn how to use film. Thank you

01-27-2013, 01:01 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lauren1201 Quote
...........Please forgive the ignorance. it seems my dslr's have spoiled me rotten but I would like to learn how to use film. Thank you
Welcome, Lauren.

No need to apologize. We're all here to learn.
You might have more luck getting (helpful) answers to your questions if you post them in Pentax Film SLR Discussion or Pentax Beginner's Corner Q&A.

And if you can't find answers on the internet, your local library or used bookstore would probably have some film era photography books which should cover all the basics.

Good luck.