Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
HI from the Yukon!!

I've just moved up here from Beautiful British Columbia, and MAN! I needed to buy a camera up to the challenge of this place's beauty. I haven't had a DSLR before, but my first film camera was a Yashika electra, I had a k1000, then an SF10.

Of course, as I started researching DSLRs, I started with Pentax, and am I ever glad I did! I decided on the k5, but was able to score a k5II at Broadway Camera in Vancouver shortly before Christmas for $1599 including the 18-55 and 50-200 kit lenses - as they matched the price that London Drugs in Calgary advertised.

I have also contracted a bit of LBA, scooping the Sigma 10-20 at a US Best Buy for $400 (they only had one in store, and hadn't carried any pentax product in years) and getting a few good old vivitars and taks through craigslist.

I haven't sorted out all the abilities of this little beastie, but I've read the manual front to back three times, shoot as much as I can with only 6 hours of light per day, and am having a blast learning every day . I'm looking forward to researching raw development and understanding post production as I miss working in the darkroom, but for now am just having fun on the front end.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
01-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums. You have some nice shots posted
01-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Welcome to the Forums. You have some nice shots posted
Thanks. Not sure if they're the right size, or in the right place even.... I'm overwhelmed by all the facets of this forum!
01-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
owl
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bleeblee Quote
Thanks. Not sure if they're the right size, or in the right place even.... I'm overwhelmed by all the facets of this forum!
Perfect. Thanks for the window on the Yukon, it is "lovely, dark and deep". I for one will look forward to your pictures, so keep posting!

01-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums. As soon as I looked at your pictures...the temperature in my house dropped at least 5 degrees, Burrr