Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #1
Inactive Account

New Pentax user here..

Hi...I have come from Canon 300D and Nikon D50. Both nice cameras. I have sold both systems off a while back and have went with Pentax K10D,kit lens, 50mm1.8, Sigma 530Super flash, battery grip.

Im very happy with my choice and for the first time im dont have some sort of buyers remorse. Not that the other systems were not good....I was just unhappy with a couple things..Matter of fact, If I had the money I would have a Nikon D300. ....But im very happy with my decision so far.

Just to tell you something about me.....

I DO NOT use language skills found in most "grown up forums"...I speak how I am...young at hear, crazy and free, and uneducated......I have been torn apart on another forum for not sounding "grownup" when I chat...

I workout 5 days a week..Have to stay bigger and stronger then my 2 boys.."11, 13"

I work in construction

I play videogames ALOT

I draw some

Im a 36 year old kid and plan never to change....

Been married now for.......well......Since 1993 and been with my wife since 1992.

Hope to maybe make some good friends here......peaceout

02-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. A big kid brickie who's into photography - awesome!

Well I think you've made a great choice in going K10D. Best value for money by far, and quite a significant upgrade from your previous dSLRs.

Here there's a good mix of newbies, amateurs and pros who are all very helpful for advice and just for general discussion.

Look forward to hearing from you with piccies from your side of the US in the future.
Take care.
02-22-2008, 03:47 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
eeaahhh.....Caught me an Ausie didnt I?...hehehe....How ya doing around the globe my friend!...My wifes uncle met a lady from Australia on the internet and married her...She moved here with her lil girl and seem to enjoy it here....I really like her accent!...hehhe...

Cant wait to post a few shots....but...right now im under the weather. Darn sinus problems!..lol

Thanks for the friendly welcome and take care Down Under....
02-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome!!

Nice to meet you and welcome to the site...

All we care about here is if you own a pentax.... which you do.. and if you like to take pics .. which you do.. .and that you like to share them!!!

What part of the US are you from?

Enjoy the site!

Kim

02-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Nice to meet you Kim...IM from Tennessee,Henry County....Home of the Worlds Biggest Fishfry!!...lol..I will get better soon and try and get some shots. Take care