Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2013, 03:15 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Another aussie here

Hey blokes and sheilas, how's it going?
looks like I am the third Aussie to join this forum in the last twenty minutes.
I have been in and out of photography since the late 80's starting with a sigma SLR.
I taught my self along with a few books on the subject and also taught myself as best I could, the workings of a darkroom in a very small room next to my kitchen. Then digital came along as well as my first child.......the whole digital thing just pissed me off.......I saw it as cheating........I think I was just disillusioned about the way photography was headed....that plus the time it takes to work fulltime and learn how to raise a child, I somehow shelved my photography.
Then about 5 years ago I found a renewed interest. I also got over my hatred of digital photography. I ended up buying a k20d with 40 mm da pancake lens and tamron 70-200 2.8 Di LD macro.
This camera is currently being repaired because it keeps deleting my photos from my memory cards. Last month I was in Fiji and I was up to about 300 pics (including pics of Sydney and Vanuatu) and out of the blue my camera deleted everything before my eyes. One second I was looking at a picture I had just taken and then the screen said..NO IMAGE.
I nearly died in front of a very nice waterfall with my wife by my side. I think I am still recovering from that.
Anyway, I have decided that it is time to upgrade to a k5iis and join your group. I have added some photos taken with my k20d. Hope you like them. Cheers

Attached Images

01-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board with us.
01-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks eaglem good to be here. I love your soaking white rose shot BTW.
01-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cadart Quote
Thanks eaglem good to be here. I love your soaking white rose shot BTW.
Thank you for that vote of confidence......................................................................

01-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard Cobber..

I think the Aussies just about hold the most memberships here, if you take it on a per capita basis..