Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #1

Hello from Central New York!

Confession: I have been a lurker for some time now mainly because I have always found the answers to all the questions I had on here. It's a Great Site! So I figured it's time to come out of the wood work and introduce myself.

Hello my name is Dave. I've been using Pentax equipment since 05 when I took my first darkroom class. I picked up a ME Super from a friend of a friend's aunt cheap and have stuck with the name for the lens compatibility reasons alone. Now I am using a K10 and K20 and a collection of lenses but planning on stepping up to a video capable Pentax, but wishing they would make one with 24p video mode. It's the sought after mode in the fickle and finicky world of indie short films. I really don't want to make the expensive jump over to Canon but I believe that is whats in my future. But for now, I really enjoy playing around with a variety of lens, techniques, and my recent long exposure addiction!

So glad to be here with like minds!

01-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
welcome Primo, you will feel welcomed here, i was a lurker too i had to register to ask something concerning focusing screens and the feedback was so good and the people here are real nice.
Im using a k20d too, i wishi could get the k20d body and ruffness with the k5ii feats!

again, welcome!
01-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums Dave.
01-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you Akarak and Patrick. I'm really happy with my K20d. I got lucky when I picked mine up a couple years ago. I had set out to buy a Sigma 17-70 f2.8 lens which were 420 everywheres back then. I found a guy on craigslist that had one but wouldn't separate the lens with his K20 with only 6k accusations. So he let me have both for 500! The Live View mode is great and is something my K10 doesn't have and I like using the in camera color extractor, even though you still have to clean it up in post. When I save up enough clams, my dream camera is a K5IIS special ordered in the blue of the K30

01-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forums. Please consider coming to a Northern Exposure meeting! I am the only Pentax shooter and it is getting lonely surrounded by Canikons. Check the link in my signature.
01-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you Boriscleto. You are officially the closest person I know by location that uses a Pentax DSLR and yes, I would like to attend some time. I am tired of all the Canikons always thinking they're better than us Pentaxians. We need to chat some time soon, just not now, I have a homework assignment that's due by midnight. Nice to meet you!