Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #1

Total Beginner, Aspiring Landscape Photographer

Hello to everyone who has read this. I'm taking my first course in photography this year, coming from a one-year background of point n' shoot and automatic.

I needed an SLR for the course, and after around 13 hours of searching, I decided on the Pentax K-5, taking in some fundamentals from my readings while at it. I hope to become good enough eventually to do photography - landscape photography if possible - as a business, before becoming a teacher later in life. I love helping people.

If you comment in this thread, I'd like to know one fact about yourself, and if you're not comfortable with doing so, it's perfectly fine. I greatly appreciate criticism., and hope we can exchange knowledge sometime in the future.

01-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Dave, good to have you on board. I'm a retired Vietnam Veteran who qualified as a Teacher but never taught in schools. I took up Photography as a hobby as it combined nicely with my artistic nature, and I'm enjoying it immensely. Mainly do Macro but I'm branching out as you will see by my shots on the forum.
01-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #3

Original Poster
Ah. If you don't mind my asking, why not pursue teaching then (or well, not yet)? If you don't want to answer, you can just ignore this question.

And I took a look at your album. I love how you take in the speck of reflected light upon water in your Macroed flower photos. Very nicely done.
01-30-2013, 01:35 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BeginnerDave Quote
Ah. If you don't mind my asking, why not pursue teaching then (or well, not yet)? If you don't want to answer, you can just ignore this question.

And I took a look at your album. I love how you take in the speck of reflected light upon water in your Macroed flower photos. Very nicely done.
No I have no desire to teach due to the failings of the education system here which changes everytime some Politician of Public Servant has a thought bubble on the way it should be taught. Why they don't just go back to the old proven methods that actually worked is beyond me. They wanted OBE (Outcomes Based Education) or in my thoughts "Near enough is good enough" education.