Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Greetings

Hello to all on the forum!

I consider myself an enthusiast at best, but have been shooting since waaay back in high school (40 years ago!). I started with a Minolta SRT-101 and have had a variety of DSLR bodies in the years since, starting with Canon, eventually getting up to the 50D. Always having a bug to move on....I went to the "dark side" and have had several Nikon bodies also, which necessitated the changing of a lot of glass.

While doing some shooting with a buddy last fall, I got a chance to shoot his K5 and really liked the feel and all of its features. I started doing some reading and ended up selling my D300 and several lenses. I just ordered a 5K with a 16-45 to test the waters here, and I am excited to get going with that little gem and customize its many settings to my liking. Anyway...glad to join the Pentax community and look forward to using the gear!

From the frozen tundra of Minnesota.......

02-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums. Enjoy your K5. feel free to look for answers to your questions , and by all means post some shots
02-02-2013, 12:09 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Not sure why, but this seems like a more laid back and welcoming forum than FM Forums that I have frequented for several years.