Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #1

At first, I didn't like my Pentax..

..K-x when I received it for my birthday 2 years ago - I had wanted the typical Canon or Nikon. With time, though, and a lot of experimenting, I discovered that it was all about the atypical - I had played with other DSLRs, but the one I held in my possession was always the dearest.

Then came the endless moment when I got introduced to film. The guilty one? Pentax MX, or "the jewel", like I often think of it. I was stunned (and stung) by the optics of a fully manually operated camera, and with the images it gave me in the boudoir of a dark-room.

I was then bound to discover and be captured by the versatility of Pentax - since the manual lenses I have are the same mount as the body of my digital apparatus, I couldn't not figure out a way to make them work together (and so I did by simply digging into the settings and telling them to accept the aperture ring orders). I was sold - Canon, Nikon and the like can stay as far away from me as they like. After all, they don't make coffee mugs from Pentax lenses, do they?

So, here I am - happily in love with all things Pentax. My name is Joana and I'm an artist.

02-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome!

Actually, I wouldn't mind a Pentax coffee mug. It was my birthday the other day -- friend of mine posted *this* on my facebook page.
Attached Images

02-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Welcome!

Actually, I wouldn't mind a Pentax coffee mug. It was my birthday the other day -- friend of mine posted *this* on my facebook page.
Happy belated, then!

My philosophy on the mug question is such that I wouldn't drink from something as good as a Pentax lens If it's a Canon, though, I wouldn't care as much since they don't utilize the space inside a lens as efficiently as our friends from Pentax do
02-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums

02-02-2013, 01:13 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome!

How about a DA 40 limited shot glass?
02-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
How about a DA 40 limited shot glass?
40mm XS coaster.

It isn't all that active but there is a Toronto group that gets together 2 to 4 times a year (or whenever somebody has an interesting event). The meets are a good opportunity to try out unusual lenses and other equipment that are hard to find on store shelves.

Toronto Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com
02-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Hello and welcome! lol seriously, Pentax would have hard time making a mug. But shot glasses and stuff would work, great idea
02-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
It isn't all that active but there is a Toronto group that gets together 2 to 4 times a year (or whenever somebody has an interesting event). The meets are a good opportunity to try out unusual lenses and other equipment that are hard to find on store shelves.

Toronto Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com
Thanks a bunch for this - I'll monitor from time to time!

02-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #9
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
It was my birthday the other day -- friend of mine posted *this*
Welcome to the forum SunChild, in this thread that pictures a belter, I'm still laughing yet.