Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2013, 02:31 AM   #1

Greet from Indonesia

Hi all my name is Mario from Indonesia.
I love to take a landscape picture so i learn photography.

photography is not simple as i think but i learn how to take a good picture.

my first digital camera i N**o*. i think that brand one of the best camera brand in the world, but someday one man hold a pentax camera and told me that pentax is a good camera too. a lot of people just remembered with N and C brand camera. it's funny i think.

in the end i buy Braun SR2000 mount pentax SLR film camera.
know i have 1 lens SMC-K 50mm f/1.4, auto chinon 50mm f1,9 and SMC takumar 35mm f3.5

if you want to share with me more about pentax lens please send me a message.

bye.

Pentax lover

Mario

02-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
Hi Mario, Selamat Datang, I just joined as well. I lived in Kuala Lumpur for a bit and was in Indonesia recently - you have a beautiful country, though I still want to go to Sumatra & Borneo. Lots of good chances for photos, especially in the hutan - that's 'jungle' for the English speakers : ). I have the SMC 50mm f1.4 lens and it is very sharp. At f1.4 the depth of field (DOF) is very short, but that certainly gives the photos a nice 'bokeh'. I have to focus very carefully at f1.4 to get good results. No worries about owning other cameras - I use whatever I can afford, and I think Pentax is the best in this regard.

Best regards.
02-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #3

Selamat Datang! I was in Indonesia recently - beautiful country, especially the 'hutan' (that's jungle for the English speakers : ) The f1.4 is a great lens, mine is sharp but I need to focus carefully with the shallow DOF. I saw the Braun in Malaysia, did not realise that they are new cameras! I still shoot film so let us know how it works. Hopefully I'll make it back to Indonesia for more photos - still a lot of places there I would like to visit.

All the best, LFDP
02-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #4

My first reply did not show - you get two welcomes from me! lol

02-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #5

Original Poster
Hi lfdp thanks for your reply. that's true that Indonesia is a beautiful country sumatra and borneo have a nice jungle and waterfall. sometimes you must go to the sea in Sulawesi island. it's very beautiful too (if you like sea landscape or sunset)
hope you can send me a private message..