Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
Forum Member

Hello From Illinois

Hello.New to DSLR and Pentax. I have had my K-30 with kit lens smc pentax dal 18-55mm al and and smc DAL 55-300mm ED.
So far i am kind of frustrated,but i will get there.I have looked in the "kit Lens" Forum and looked at some of your photos from the kit
lens ,and I get nothing even close to the crispness of the photos some of you get.Hope to learn a lot here. The camera I was using before this one was Canon SX30is..I sold it and I do miss it..I really hope this gets better..And I am in no way downing the camera or lens..I have no clue what i'm doing with it,and I refuse to stick with auto..Anyway..Nice to meet you all

072 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

02-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I hope you find what your looking for to help with your photography.

If not just ask.
02-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to a fellow Illinios resident.

You're at the right place to learn. Most of the time I shoot in TAv, keeping the shutter speed up and keeping in a decent mid-ranged fstop (8ish). Of course there are a lot of tools available, but I think this gives the best starting point and TAv uses both wheels to easily adjust your parameters.
02-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Welcome to a fellow Illinios resident.

You're at the right place to learn. Most of the time I shoot in TAv, keeping the shutter speed up and keeping in a decent mid-ranged fstop (8ish). Of course there are a lot of tools available, but I think this gives the best starting point and TAv uses both wheels to easily adjust your parameters.
Thanks..I was playing with TAv yesterday outside for a bit..I know i will get better,, when it warms up and I can stay out there and really play..
I did try one in HDR..It was a complete flop!! HaHa

02-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... don't hesitate to ask questions and learn at your own pace - J