Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2008, 04:05 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Howdeee from Down Under

Hi folks. Mechan1k pointed me to this forum after I took ownership of a shiny new K10D a month ago. He's a good fella

Before going digital I used a Pentax MZ50. My first 35mm was a Pentax too. So I guess I'm a Pentax girl thru and thru

I'm hoping this will be an educational exercise in Pentax equipment. The forums in Aus tend to the Nikon/Canon breed and unless you're shooting with a 1D or a D3 they don't bother much with the helpful advice. My goal is to go from the so-so images I'm taking now to OMGWOW shots I see so often. I hope you folks can help me do that.

02-24-2008, 04:41 AM   #2

Hi Kris,

Welcome!!!! and there are many members from Australia here and not too many Canon and Nikon users ...lol We all dream of the WOW effect in our pics but in reality a good pic is any pic of any moment in time.

Cheers
Keith
02-24-2008, 05:05 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KrisK10D Quote
The forums in Aus tend to the Nikon/Canon breed and unless you're shooting with a 1D or a D3 they don't bother much with the helpful advice.
Geez and haven't I experienced that too Welcome Kris.
02-26-2008, 05:05 PM   #4

Hi Kris, I recently joined too and the wealth on information and willingness to share that information is inspiring. Like you I keep wishing Icould get that WOW shot.

Practice make perfect - happy shooting!

02-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Welcome, I'm from Sydney too. Certainly a few of us on here now which is good

Australian photography forums are definately not known for their favourable pentax views lol
02-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. This place is a refuge from dog-eat-dog camera world out there.

Some of the Australia fora I visited tend to discriminate Pentax users really badly.
02-26-2008, 09:50 PM   #7
Pentaxian

G'day Kris,

I too went from the MZ50 to K10d, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Be sure to post some pics in the "Post Your Photos" section.

Cheers,
Mike
02-27-2008, 01:45 AM   #8
Site Supporter

And a warm welcome from somebody a little north of you. You will find the Forums full of info and inspiration.
A great bunch of very friendly folks as well.

02-27-2008, 02:02 AM   #9

Welcome from WA

Welcome kris from sunny Perth. Another 37 degrees today.
02-29-2008, 05:38 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
hehe all repliers from Aust. Very cool! The delay in my response will give you an idea how busy I've been. I'm currently doing a graphics design course along with paid and volunteer work. I will get busy posting some pics real soon (Sunday hopefully). Thanks for the warm welcome Aussies
02-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Kris, welcome from Brissie. Looking forward to viewing your shots in the Gallery so we can see your style.

As regards some other Aussie camera buffs looking down on Pentaxians, it could have been much worse. Image what would have happened if you had of bought the Samsung version of the K10D, the GX-10. They would probably have treated you like something they stood in and needed to wipe off their shoe.

Last edited by dosdan; 02-29-2008 at 02:48 PM.
04-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #12
Veteran Member

How could I have missed this thread ... *shakes head*

I have now put 2 and 2 together and realised who you are now (yes I am blonde).
Good to have you here ... and glad you enjoy all of the information available here.

Even though the members on digitalslr.com.au aren't too bad a bunch (ie: lack of discrimination) ... there aren't many Pentax users there at all.

But there's a good group of "other" photogs on the forum that are willing to help though .... and there's great banter as well.
05-01-2008, 12:17 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Welcome Kris,

If you are interested, we are having a day out in Sydney on the 11th May for an international Pentax user coming in from the Netherlands.

There are about 6 who are interested so far if you would like to come along. See this thread:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/26380-sydney-meet-overseas-pentax-user.html

We would love to have you along for the day.
05-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #14
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by KrisK10D Quote
I'm hoping this will be an educational exercise in Pentax equipment. The forums in Aus tend to the Nikon/Canon breed and unless you're shooting with a 1D or a D3 they don't bother much with the helpful advice.
Jeez, another Sin City dweller .

Welcome to the forums, again from Brisbane this time but still - GO THE BLUES.

I think I know the forum of which you speak - they've got a Canon forum, a Nikon forum and an Other forum, right?
05-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #15
Damn Brit

Welcome from someone the other side of the world.