Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New member from Australia

Hello all,

Firstly a thank you to you all for your imparted wisdom. Although this is my first post, I have been lurking for a while and it has helped me (although not my credit card) with my updated kit.

By way of introduction, I have been a keen amateur since I was a teen (a few decades ago). I became a Pentax fan when my father passed down his Z-10 in the late 1990's. This took me through Nepal and India in 2002 and the photos I eventually developed took me to a new level.

A couple of years later I went digital and bought an *istD, and just last month I upgraded to a K-30 kit with a Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC. It is a slight irony however that my brand loyalty in no small part stems from Pentax's adherence to lens compatibility, however I keep needing to buy new lenses with a new camera. So with that, yesterday I pulled the trigger on a Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC. I've taken a few samples I will post in the lens section later but I am so far impressed.

To justify my brand choice, I did the other day also pick up a Pentax 50mm f1.7 which is also taking my photography in new directions.

Anyway, I am looking forward to reading more of your informative posts and gaining inspiration from the photos posted on here.

Thanks for reading,

02-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Coooeee mate!

At this rate we Aussies will soon rule PF.

Welcome aboard
02-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi there,
It's beginning to look like we need a separate introduction board for Australians

be sure to check out the Sydney Pentax Users Club as well