Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2013, 09:28 PM - 4 Likes   #31

I don't understand this whole "like" business. I very seldom use it, not because I want to insult anyone, but because I very seldom use it. Who cares what I like or don't like?

I read that people like to be liked and it is one reason they blog. Some one is listening, as if they have reached down and yanked you up from the void. Okay...I can dig it (yes, a child of the 60's) but I feel no need to be liked. All that being said I do feel kind of good when someone "likes" something I have posted.....so I'm two faced, right? No I'm not. I'm just imperfect and what bites me once doesn't always a second time and while eveyone likes to be liked, does that drive what we do here, or anywhere? Probably not.

But if you "like" something I've posted you can mark it as "liked" if you like. We can exchange Christmas cards.

02-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #32

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stepmac Quote
I don't understand this whole "like" business. I very seldom use it, not because I want to insult anyone, but because I very seldom use it. Who cares what I like or don't like?

I read that people like to be liked and it is one reason they blog. Some one is listening, as if they have reached down and yanked you up from the void. Okay...I can dig it (yes, a child of the 60's) but I feel no need to be liked. All that being said I do feel kind of good when someone "likes" something I have posted.....so I'm two faced, right? No I'm not. I'm just imperfect and what bites me once doesn't always a second time and while eveyone likes to be liked, does that drive what we do here, or anywhere? Probably not.

But if you "like" something I've posted you can mark it as "liked" if you like. We can exchange Christmas cards.
I like, I like!
02-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
having been on sites where a couple of people just handed out likes back and forth among themselves and ended up with huge like totals, from two or three different users, i'm going with the current site policy. If you only like 1 or 2 people on the site, go hang out with your friends, you don't need to be on a site of 40,000 people. Likes to me are for telling people when they've done a good job...that you can only find a few people doing a good job on a site like this is just sad. I got the same message you did once, and what i took from it was that i wasn't spending enough time giving credit where credit is due. To me it's one of the responsibilities you accept when you come on the site. Encouraging your fellow site members. We all have our moments when a kind word from someone else picks us up. It doesn't cost anything to be that someone.
amen.
02-08-2013, 01:54 AM - 1 Like   #34

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Trouble is, "likes" aren't standard currency, and mean different things to different people.

But merely having them did serve to give me the impression that the slogan at the top "friendly Pentax camera forum" isn't just lip service...

I'm reminded of the old Sally Field acceptance speech years ago (you like me, you like me!!) but hesitated to mention it because probably half of the members would say "Sally who?"

02-08-2013, 02:36 AM - 3 Likes   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by snkenai Quote
I've been a member here for a good long while, though not very active. I've mostly been using other gear. but when I acquired the K-01, I stepped back in, mostly in that venue. Today while browsing the photos, I "liked" a few, but then was told that I must " spread it around". Refused my "like". I refuse to be told what I can like, and what I cannot. That is not freedom.

So I will log out now, and wish every one a very good day.

Not angry, just very disappointed,

Steve
Like, ya know, like that is like just so like disappointing that they like totally like told to you to like spread your "likes" around like that.That like makes me like feel kinda like ya know about the whole like "like" thing. I like reckon that like there shouldn't be like any kinda like "like" limit. Anyway, I like wish you lots of like luck on whatever like other forums you like "like" on. I reckon it's like unlikely they like won't like you "liking" stuff. I like just don't like get like how anyone can like not like like heaps of "likes". I like like "like".

Last edited by Kennod; 02-08-2013 at 03:14 AM.
02-08-2013, 02:49 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Reliant K1000 Quote
Trouble is, "likes" aren't standard currency, and mean different things to different people.

But merely having them did serve to give me the impression that the slogan at the top "friendly Pentax camera forum" isn't just lip service...

I'm reminded of the old Sally Field acceptance speech years ago (you like me, you like me!!) but hesitated to mention it because probably half of the members would say "Sally who?"
Sally who? Any relation to Talley Ho?
02-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #37

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kennod Quote
Like, ya know, like that is like just so like disappointing that they like totally like told to you to like spread your "likes" around like that.That like makes me like feel kinda like ya know about the whole like "like" thing. I like reckon that like there shouldn't be like any kinda like "like" limit. Anyway, I like wish you lots of like luck on whatever like other forums you like "like" on. I reckon it's like unlikely they like won't like you "liking" stuff. I like just don't like get like how anyone can like not like like heaps of "likes". I like like "like".
Liked.

02-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Likes have replaced the penny in Canada!
Sally who cmon Smokey and the Bandit? best performance ever
02-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
best performance ever
The Flying Nun.
02-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well Salley Ho then.

Oh wait.

[EDIT: Docrwm beat me three posts up. Darn. As my toddler daughter often said to express her discomfort, "I can't Like that thing."]
02-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #41
Pentaxian

Liked
02-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
The Flying Nun.
TV's Gidget
02-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #43
Veteran Member

First time I've seen a goodbye in a welcome/introduction forum, I must say.
02-08-2013, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #44
Veteran Member

All this random 'liking' has created a free love, hippy atmosphere around here that I am not comfortable with. I am therefore making the decision to no longer visit this forum until after lunch. I'm not angry, just hungry.
02-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MPrince Quote
First time I've seen a goodbye in a welcome/introduction forum, I must say.
Highly unusual for sure. But this thread has taken a very amusing turn. I like it .
Closed Thread