Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2013, 11:50 PM   #1

Why Hello

Hello everyone, my name is Andrew, I'm from Calgary, Canada; and this is my brief story about me and my K-30.

I sell cameras for a living and last year I was all but sold on the getting the Nikon D5100; than one day my charismatic (and a little eccentic) Pentax Rep came into my work with a pre-production model of the K-30, and I was completely taken in by how it could do everything the Canon's and Nikon's did and more and do it for less. And I also loved how distinct Pentax was to the other manufacturers, how 'weird and wonderful' they were. I always enjoy introducing the new Pentax's to a customer who grow up shooting their film camera's.

But the biggest reason I love my K-30 is because when I bought it last August it was just a year after being hopeless destitute and unemployed, facing bankruptcy. So it was very significant moment for me to realize my life was finally back on track and my reward was something that would always gave me joy and fulfillment.

...I'm sorry that turned out longer that I had intended. So yea, I be honest I'm initially joining the forum for input on a manual 85mm f1.4 for shooting at conventions and such, but I think I could stick around and be apart this community.

Thanks all!

02-08-2013, 12:51 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Andrew, and welcome to the Forums.

Don't apologise for telling us your story – every now and then we need someone to anchor us in the real world, especially as some of our discussions here drift into the unreal or speculative spheres, quite often.

Enjoy your K30 – a friend of mine has one, and she just loves it! Come to think of it, it was a present to her at a time when her life was turning around, too.
02-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums Andrew
I fully understand the love oe the K-30

Last edited by patrick9; 02-08-2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: spelling
02-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi and welcome, Andrew.

This forum is the best out there .... for us Pentax fans.

Plenty to read, learn and argue!

Cheers!

JP