Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
Forum Member

Finally a Pentax user, after over 35 years of shooting

Getting a few Pentax bodies into my hands over the past few years is what it finally took to convince me I had to get one.
I've started with a Q and -02 zoom and quickly added a K-01 w 40mm kit lens as I got both brand new for a price I could not pass up! I already had some vintage K-mount lenses in my collection so it's very nice to now be able to use them!

I'm very pleased with the equipment so far, especially the K-01! As simple as it gets, stunning image quality and I got it for a compact camera price.

I've also been lurking on this site for a while and it's been helpful for learning about lenses and the participants seem to be a better behaved bunch than on some other places I won't mention.

I'm looking forward to seeing how my relationship with Pentax gear and other Pentax enthusiasts .. develops.

02-09-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board.
02-09-2013, 03:46 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
aglet,

Welcome to the club. Looking forward to see and read from you.

Cheers from Berlin,

jephi
02-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... post us some images soon ... J

02-09-2013, 05:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome Aboard! You've gotten some outstanding deals, what a great way to start out!
02-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #6

I know how you feel..

QuoteOriginally posted by aglet Quote
I've also been lurking on this site for a while and it's been helpful for learning about lenses and the participants seem to be a better behaved bunch than on some other places I won't mention.
This is what made me decide to sign up after a long time of lurking as well.
02-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Enjoying the experience

I still haven't had a chance to get out and do any serious shooting with my K-01. Been spending a bit of time and cash on picking up some old manual lenses and even some M42 mount stuff. Still waiting for my M42 to K-mount adapters too.
I have an EOS-M42 adapter and took some close-up test shots with a Super Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm f/1.8, the first M42 lens I purchased. I was impressed by how close it could focus and also by how well it rendered color and subtle detail. I wasn't expecting much from this old lens, frankly, with its barely perceptible coatings, but it did a very nice job on a hi-key shot. I've yet to test its contrast and other aspects of its performance. Now I'm looking forward to collecting and trying more vintage Pentax lenses to explore the different possibilities they'll provide .