Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #1

Getting my first Pentax k1000

Hey everyone, ive never really been part of a forum before but I always find myself coming back to this site for advice and tips so I thought it would be worth joining : )

I am 20 years old, Ive been working with a Nikon D90 for 4 years and never really got the hang of it. My father thought I would be at his experience level but i dont get very good use out of my complicated digital camera so I thought I would try out a more simple and traditional camera.

I guess really i'm just hoping for some more tips and tricks! Im new at this, ive only played around with a Lomo Fisheye I got as a gift and im more than looking forward to making my Pentax my main camera for trips. Ive looked up filters for the lens and picked up a UV, Polarizer and Neutral Density filter. My next challenge is finding other lenses to use.

02-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, we're happy you decided to join us here!
02-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF!

You will find an incredible amount of brilliant information within the various forums here. So, there is much to read and apply to enhance your knowledge. The K1000 is a terrific camera to learn the essential skills.

Don't hesitate to ask questions.

- Craig
02-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #4

Original Poster
I plan on doing outdoor photography, woods, lakes, waterfalls and some outdoor portraits.
Is there anything in particular I should look into to make sure I get the best quality photos?

02-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by OneEyedDoe Quote
Is there anything in particular I should look into
Welcome to the forum, the best advice I could offer is just to get out there and do it.

The learning curve seems much less steep when it's just you, your photos and your enjoyment of being involved in photography.

Also we're all just a question away, to support and help if we can.