Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2008, 11:26 PM   #1

New to the forum

I'm getting back into photography after a hiatus from doing it seriously for a couple of decades. Last summer I bought a panny FZ50 which I really liked, but it was stolen in October. In November I replaced it with a K100Dsuper and kit lens, which was supposed to pretty much last me a few years until the performance I want came down enough in price for me to be able to afford it. That was three lenses, a couple of flashes and a host of accessories ago.

Since I do a lot of dancing in situations where flashes would be rude, I've been experimenting with various solutions. One is shooting at f1.7 1/6Sec and ISO 3200, another is using an infrared filter over my flash:
Collection: infrared augmentation

I've also been having fun using lasers to illuminate my subjects, often to get the equivalent of a topographic projection of the model:
Collection: lasers

02-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi and Welcome aboard!

Dancing is not my kind of 'fun' (I am flexible as a log or a iron bar ), but nice way to use flash.
Have fun in Pentax Forums!
02-25-2008, 11:45 AM   #3

Welcome fellow newbie! Anybody that likes photography AND plays with lasers is cool by me.

What kind of dancing do you photograph? All kinds?
02-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deadzone Quote
Welcome fellow newbie! Anybody that likes photography AND plays with lasers is cool by me.

What kind of dancing do you photograph? All kinds?
Mostly blues and lindy hop (swing):

Collection: dancing

02-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by ellarsee Quote
Mostly blues and lindy hop (swing):

Collection: dancing
Neato! My brother is married to a belly dancer. She owns a small dance studio and teaches belly dancing and also does some shows and exhibitions occasionally. My brother is into photography as well and so he takes lot's of pictures of her dancing.

I bet it's a tough thing to photograph.