Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2007, 01:13 PM   #1

Hi

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I've been lurking at DP review since my wife bought me a DS for Christmas of 2004 and here since the inception of this site. I never bothered to register at DPR, but I learned a lot from the folks there. As most of you know, the tone has changed over there recently. I still lurk there, but the attitude here convinced me that this is where I'll spend most of my time. A month or so ago I registered here, but still no posts. So why now?

Well, yesterday my wife drove me to Mike's Camera in Boulder and said stop talking about the k10d and just buy the d*** thing!!!

I guess I was driving her nuts.

So anyway, now I have a K10d with grip to go with my DS. What better reason for a first post?

I've only taken a few test pics so far. The first was a 1/2 second handheld exposure. To say that I was impressed with the SR wouldn't quite cover it. The shot really isn't worth posting, but if the rest of the camera works as good as the SR (and I'm sure it will) I'm going to be one happy camper.

Anyway, enough talk. Here (if I do this right) is a shot I took with the DS in July 2005. This site is under a couple of meters of snow right now!

Rich

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 
01-07-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, Rich! I'm glad you found our place to be more friendly than DPR.

The K10D is a great camera- you'll be enjoying it

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-08-2007, 04:24 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Rich, glad to have you aboard. I hope you get dug out in time for spring in Denver. there are some very nice areas there to shoot in.
Enjoy the k10 it's a great camera from what I can see.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
01-08-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Rich. Looking forward to seeing some great pictures of Denver!

01-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Hello and welcome!

sounds like you have a great wife there!

glad you like the k10, I am just starting to really appreciate some of the controls now.

looking forward to some photos,

cheers

randy
01-08-2007, 11:36 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi there Rich, well Randy said what I was going to say. Don't know many wives who would do that. Enjoy your new camera and post some more pics.

NaCl(if there were more women like that around I might even consider getting married again)H2O