Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Intro

Hi my name is David (but sign my posts as dave cause it sounds better to me - call me what you like) and I live in the Central Virginia area of the USA. I used to work part time as a newspaper photography and am now into shooting weddings and portrait sessions.

I currently own a K-5 and K-5ii along with a Sigma 18-250mm, Tamorn 28-75 f/2.8, Pentax 50mm 1.4 and a good stack of batteries and SDHC memory cards

dave

02-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi David, welcome to the forums. Post some photos!
02-14-2013, 01:11 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum and bonjour from France ... post an image or two soon ... J
02-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, I noticed the use of a past tense i.e. used to work part time as a newspaper photography, not involved at all now with the press?

Probably just as well, there aren't many rich photojournalists around.

03-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome aboard, I noticed the use of a past tense i.e. used to work part time as a newspaper photography, not involved at all now with the press?

Not involved with the newspaper/press business at this time. The editor of the paper where I worked started required those of us who did not leave the paper last summer (about half of the writers and one of three photographers lef between Feb and July) to pick up all the slack and do a ton of work in order to keep getting paid at the same rate or he'd pay use less per month. So after a few months I left because for what he wanted me to do I was getting/gonna make around $4 an hour and it was not worth my time anymore.

Probably just as well, there aren't many rich photojournalists around.
Yeah I am slowly learning that, although when I first started for what I had to do I was making $12 an hour and was hoping as time went by I'd get more money which did not happen. Looks like all of us have been used.......