Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Landscapes are my thing.

Hi all. I've always liked to snap photos, but haven't ever owned anything more than a little square point-and-shoot in my adult life. I learned to shoot on my Dad's Pentax Spotmatic back in the 80's, but never really gave buying one of my own a thought. I've finally - 20+ years later - taken my first step toward a dSLR by purchasing a Pentax X-5. I've been having a blast tinkering with manual settings, limited as they may be, and shooting everything in sight. I like HDR (not the overblown, surreal HDR) post-processing so the X-5 is a pretty good fit with it's +/-2.0EV abilities.

Hopefully I'll post some noteworthy photos for all to enjoy.

~Terry

02-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Terry, good to have you with us.
05-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #3

Welcome, be sure and join the x-5 owners club in the groups. Also the X-5 owners club on facebook! I like your pics, especially the night shot. Did you take that on the handheld night setting?
05-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, the X-5 will certainly help you get want you want photographs wise.

05-16-2013, 03:40 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums. Landscapes are a fun way to explore photography.
05-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... please post some images soon ... J
05-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jetwiz Quote
Welcome, be sure and join the x-5 owners club in the groups. Also the X-5 owners club on facebook! I like your pics, especially the night shot. Did you take that on the handheld night setting?
Thank you! I haven't used the handheld night setting yet. That shot was actually taken on a tripod with a 4 second exposure (the maximum allowed by the X-5).
05-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, the X-5 will certainly help you get want you want photographs wise.
Thank you!

So far I've been pretty happy with my X-5. I've noticed a few things that are missing that I'd like to have, but it's a great camera to help me develop my style and learn with.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Welcome to the forums. Landscapes are a fun way to explore photography.
Thank you, Rondec. I've been told I have an eye for landscapes. I just really enjoy getting out and shooting.

Lately, I've had people wanting me to do portraits. I don't think I'm ready for that yet. With more practice I'm sure I'll get there!

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... please post some images soon ... J
Thank you from Wisconsin!

I've posted a few photos. Here are a few from my recent Southern California vacation.

Cheers!