Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New K5

Hello all. Never thought I'd do or say this but I just purchased a new K5 from Adorama at a killer price. I wanted to buy a longer lens to satisfy my love for wildlife but opted for the camera instead, due to the faster shutter speed and new sensor. I've gotta say though, I'm one that's not very crazy about the style of the camera or the feel of it. I've been shooting a K20D for some time and absolutely love the way it handles and feels in my hands at any time. The K5 just doesn't feel as solid as I would like a camera to feel but hopefully all else new about the camera will trump these things. Not much into the video end of the camera but I'm sure I'll find a good use for it at some point. I'll know a lot more in about 4 days when it arrives. Still can't believe I bought a new camera!

02-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, I went from a K20D to the K-5 and know what you mean but can tell you now that you will get used to the feel and love it. Just give it a little time.
02-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #3

Original Poster
Man, I sure hope you're right! I've handled a fellow photo club member's K5 several times and just haven't been able to get over the fact that it just doesn't feel right and always walk away shakin' my head. I'm too old to go changin' camera makes though, would love to go canon, but monies, as usual, and the fact that I have only Pentax mount lenses, seem to make our choices for us. I am a true Pentaxian though, as this is the only brand of slrs, dslrs, that I have ever owned have been Pentax. Well anyway, remember to keep your camera handy and keep shootin'!
(also, one big factor in my decision was the camera review in the Pentax Forum, "Pentax K5 vs.Canon 7D". kina made the choice a bit easier. [I love the way the 7D feels])