Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #1

Hello from Bastyr University!

Hello everyone, My name is John and it is good to meet you all. I work at bastyr university and just came home from modding my k20d to the K+ super mount!

I got some other cameras and have invest in the both the Duo and digital bolex so that will be fun when that comes out

02-28-2013, 01:55 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum.

Ok, I'll be the one to show my ignorance and ask on behalf of the many, what's a K+ super mount?
02-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #3

Original Poster
It's a mod that someone put up recently to remove the restrictions of using contax-yashica, minolta, and nikon mounts, though I haven't gotten nikon to work
02-28-2013, 02:37 PM - 1 Like   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Bccgojuryu Quote
to remove the restrictions of using contax-yashica, minolta, and nikon mounts
Can you post any further details? I've never heard of such a mod before, I'm sure other forum members would interested in this too.

03-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K+ Multi-Mount - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

I may just have to ask a machinist buddy of mine to do one of these for me, too...
03-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Pentax K+ Multi-Mount - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com
Thanks for the link, an interesting read.
03-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello everyone, My name is John and it is good to meet you all. I work at bastyr university and just came home from modding my k20d to the K+ super mount!

I got some other cameras and have invest in the both the Duo and digital bolex so that will be fun when that comes out
Welcome,
My wife is a graduate of Bastyr, before it was a university, a college.
Lovely campus, now.

M

03-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum Upload some pics taken with the modified K20d!!
03-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The mount modification is very interesting - especially for the C/Y. I have two Contax lenses that I have swapped mounts on, this would have been easier. I wonder if Pentax would consider making it a standard mount on the K bodies.

03-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's a mod that someone put up recently to remove the restrictions of using contax-yashica, minolta, and nikon mounts, though I haven't gotten nikon to work
I would think that in order to get Nikon to work, you would need to have the proper registration distance. In getting Nikon to work, enlarging the registration distance, would have everything else stop working.Also, as I understand the C/Y mount - which is very close to the Pentax K mount, the flanges are a thicker. I would think that by accommodating the C/Y lens, that may introduce some problems with the mechanical interface with the K lens.

In any event, I find your approach VERY interesting. Have you tried any Contax C/Y zoom lenses? And does both the AE and the MM versions of the C/Y mount work?

03-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #11

Original Poster
Hello everyone, sorry for the delayed reply

Hey sorry about the delayed reply, I got sick because of my chemo I'm off of it and feeling better.

I will get some samples up shortly, I also want to say that the k+ multimount works with Nikon af but not with Ai,

I do not have any contax lenses, I have a rts 2 body and usm lenses.