Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Virginia Q Shooter

I just got my first Pentax and really am impressed with it. I have been somewhat active in photography for 5 years and shooting only mirrorless in the last 2 years. My Olympus is gathering a bit of dust as I am having a blast with the tiny Q!

Lee

02-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
Lens Buying Addict

Welcome to the Forum! If you haven't yet, there's a wealth of information posted on the Q Forum, gathered by a few members for our use.

Especially visit the Resources Post

I haven't had this much fun with a camera in years!!
02-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Quirky Quote
I just got my first Pentax and really am impressed with it. I have been somewhat active in photography for 5 years and shooting only mirrorless in the last 2 years. My Olympus is gathering a bit of dust as I am having a blast with the tiny Q!

Lee
Hold on a minute. There should be only one Q shooter named Lee from Virginia and I grabbed that tag years ago. Guess I can share though
Welcome!
02-28-2013, 01:48 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
There should be only one Q shooter
Sounds like a line from the Highlander movie

@Quirky Welcome to the forum, stick around here long enough and we'll find a good way to empty your pockets, CBA, LBA etc etc.

02-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Sounds like a line from the Highlander movie
As many times as I saw that movie I did not consider it when I typed. Good catch!
03-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
Hold on a minute. There should be only one Q shooter named Lee from Virginia and I grabbed that tag years ago. Guess I can share though
Welcome!
Small camera - big coincidence. I apologize for being so slow to reply, but I have been busying myself with Pentax gear! I fell hard for the Q and had to buy another one so I could try the prime 01 lens. They are multiplying fast. I also added the 03 Fisheye and have completely stopped using my Olympus gear.

I have put some gear up for sale at mu-43.com and am planning to add a K-30 to my bag. The Olympus E-PL5 is just not as much fun anymore and feels so hard to use. I hear the K-30 is much like the Q and I am looking forward to long zooms, macros, and a Q adapter.

Thanks again for the welcome! I have plunged into the Pentax waters and don't plan to leave anytime soon.

Lee