Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
Inactive Account

new in forum

Hi there,

after reading much of what's happening on this forum, I decided to be part of it instead of just only looking
I live in Sydney, Australia since about six years and I still love taking photos of this fantastic city and the nature around it.

My photo journey started in the mid 80's with a Pentax ME-F and a 1.7/50 - my first big investment in lenses was in those days a Tokina 3.5/200.
I was mainly taking photos in the nature and did color slides - what might explain why I still try to get the photos right from the beginning and not in photoshop -- but I do work with RAW since about a year or so.

I'm now with a Pentax K-01 with the 40mm pancake (since 2 weeks) - still getting used to the SILKYPIX software
So why a K-01?? - reckon because I like the style -----> and the designer is from Sydney -. Just bought on ebay a Sigma 18-125 which won't be the last lens I will buy but which is good for my travelling. Before I had a Canon 550D - with heaps of lenses - now selling them all on ebay. A rather radical change I think but I never really liked Canon and can't even explain why! Next lenses I hope to buy are a good Macro and a 200mm tele - (would be nice to have both in one) and later a prime wide angle - probably will also invest in a K-5II bit not sure because the K-30 seems to be doing very good in all tests.

02-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, it's seems many us here all started our photographic journey in the 80's.

Must have been something in the water at the time.
« Hello | Newcomer »