Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #1

Hello to all fellow Pentax Users

OK so Spring is in the air and I love Outdoor Photography, Right now I have two projects to undertake for the spring 1. make a decision on a new software Lightroom 4 or Appeture 3 2. do a spring photo shoot at the Denver Botanic Gardens. Any suggestions on #1 ? or any cool settings for #2 ?

03-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use lightroom 4 and I am happy with it so far, no idea about aperture 3.2 though...

For spring go with ur macro lens
03-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use Aperture for the most part, Pixelmator when I can't get it done in Aperture (like when you need layers or masking. I haven't used Lightroom, so I can't hazard a guess as to what might be better. From what I see, they both get the job done. I'm guessing the users ability to learn how to use the program is more important than what software is selected.If anyone took the time to learn both to a level that would allow an expert comparison, they would probably be drowned out by the endless stream of mindless comparisons by folks who really aren't that good using either.

Pick what appeals most to you. I don't think you can lose either way.
03-02-2013, 04:29 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Pick what appeals most to you. I don't think you can lose either way
+1 It's what he said, for me LR4 & CS6, but as we say around here "whatever floats your boat".

« HI guys | Hello! »