Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
New to Pentax K5ii

Hi all, after owning Pentax film cameras when I was younger, I decided to move into the modern age and buy the Pentax K5II. Still working through the manual and Yvon Bourque's book, it is all a bit overwhelming but also exciting!!!
My daughter and I fight to use the camera - photography is one of her subjects at school!

We are slowly moving from using auto setting to using the different manual modes. New Zealand is the perfect place to play around with all the fantastic features of this wonderful camera!

Since yesterday my daughter noticed that the hourglass symbol will stay on the screen for quite a long time after taking pictures in any of the modes other than the auto (green mode). Did she change something in the settings? We are convinced the saving sign did not stay on the screen that long previously.

I apologize for immediately asking for your help!

Regards

Hofmeyr

03-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is probably due to the SD card speed that you are using is slow. Also, highlight correction and distortion correction will increase the time to process the picture and thus the "hourglass symbol".... turn those off and that should helps (with highlight correction on your iso is limited to 100-25600, if I remember correctly). But mainly due to SD card if it stay long.... I recommend Sandisk Extreme 45MB/sec card.
03-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
That is probably due to the SD card speed that you are using is slow. Also, highlight correction and distortion correction will increase the time to process the picture and thus the "hourglass symbol".... turn those off and that should helps (with highlight correction on your iso is limited to 100-25600, if I remember correctly). But mainly due to SD card if it stay long.... I recommend Sandisk Extreme 45MB/sec card.
Thanks Lee, it was the highlight correction ! My daughter sorted it out just after I posted the question.
03-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, your gonna just step up to the plate and get your daughter her own Pentax camera.

But the good news is, that every now and then, your be able to buy her that lens that you've always wanted.