Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2007, 06:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

wwwmorrell

Hello to all,
I'm a newwby to digital after a lifetime of amateur 35mm film.

Have purchaced a K100d & have been reading all of your imfo & appreciate all the help available.

Now there's a bucketfull of lenses available out there on the web & good advice on them all, BUT NO ONE LISTS THE ONES TO STAY AWAY FROM!!!!!!!!

I'm looking for a good macro plus a zoom up to 300mm / 500mm ?????

All the best to all, Wal'

01-08-2007, 08:18 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome!

Not all too many Pentax lenses are poor in quality, but those that are will be rated appropriately in the reviews section.

The longest good zoom I can recommend is the FA 80-320mm; you won't find anything with AF in the 500mm area.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-09-2007, 07:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your K100D!

There are a lot of people here that are fantastic with macro photos, so you should get some good advice.