Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
Inactive Account

First time here

Howdy all - first time on this site and happy to be here. Been following many of the discussions over the last few months, since purchasing a little used K5 and 17-70 f4 lens. Decided the build and image quality, plus the excellent price of the camera and lenses available suited me perfectly. I've been a Nikon user since the 1960's and haven't switched completely but there is room in my heart and pro-am status for both. Right now I own five lens' for the K5 and plan to get a few more of the best they produce, only one of which I consider too overpriced at the moment, the 60-250mm f4. Other than that I am slightly bonkers over the K5 camera. Build quality that rivals my D2X, in my opinion, and better image quality. Not to mention the excellent dynamic range. You might say I'm sold. Also looking forward to participating in some of the discussions that pop up frequently, such as the forthcoming FF, at least I believe it is, perhaps in 2014.

But enough for now - glad to be onboard.

03-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and thanks for your introduction ... the K-5 is a great DSLR and post us some images soon ... J
03-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hello Jean, at least I hope this reaches you - I'm still struggling with the posting interface and something as awkward as posting an image will have to wait. Thanks for the greeting - I looked up your images and like what interests you, the young girl with the kitten is particularly fetching, though I too love flowers. I don't as yet have many using the K5 but plan on mounting a local expedition this year to correct that. I have been experimenting with panoramic images using various focal lengths and as soon as I learn how to post them to good effect, I will do that as well. Again, thanks for the greeting and good luck with your K5. It's a charmer.
03-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, yep, there's a wicked rumour a Pentax FF is not far away now...

03-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gdean Quote
Hello Jean, at least I hope this reaches you - I'm still struggling with the posting interface and something as awkward as posting an image will have to wait. Thanks for the greeting - I looked up your images and like what interests you, the young girl with the kitten is particularly fetching, though I too love flowers. I don't as yet have many using the K5 but plan on mounting a local expedition this year to correct that. I have been experimenting with panoramic images using various focal lengths and as soon as I learn how to post them to good effect, I will do that as well. Again, thanks for the greeting and good luck with your K5. It's a charmer.
Thanks a lot ... that's my oldest daughter with our new kitten and the flowers are for fun ... enjoy the Forum, it's great! J